Sunday 11 September 2011

ELF

So in recent months (I don't have the exact date), ELF Cosmetics touched down in Australia, and I couldn't wait to try some of there thing. So I waited around to see where I could get it from, and im sure you can imagine my surprise when I found a whole range of ELF in a Chemist very close to where I live (yay).


Now I couldn't Justify Buying a lot of the stuff (plus im getting some more high end things soon), So I was very fussy and only picked up two things, The Elf  Essential wet Gloss Brow and Lash Clear Mascara and the Elf Essential Hyerpshine Lip Gloss in Flirt.
 The Main reason I was Excited for Elf was for the Brow Setter. I have heard people talk about it time and time again and Really wanted to try it. I fill in my Brows everyday but had never used a setter so i was very interested in the concept. And I love it.


I was a Tad Sceptical at First because I don't love the packaging and the fact that one side is set for Brows and one is for Lashes, But it was only $3.99 so I thought I would give it a go. I first tried it at night (like a seem to do often) and it seemed to hold my brows, but I wasn't totally convinced because I hadn't seen it last all day, but I have used it every day for the last 5 days and I LOVE it. It Holds my Brows in place and keeps the colour fill strong, I just feel like there isn't enough Product. 

The other thing I got was the Hypershine Lip Gloss in Flirt. I Originally wanted Some of the Studio Range Matte Lipsticks or the Studio Lip stains, but the Studio Range isn't available at the store, so I thought I would give it a shot.

Flirt, the colour i Chose is a soft baby Pink, that in the tube looks very Pigmented, but unfortunately, they are not. I find this so sheer that it might as well be clear. I think the colour would only be of use over a similar toned lipstick to give it a little extra colour. 
 The Packaging again is very tacky and dated, but it is a cheap brand so I will let that slide, I also do not like the applicator, it is too time consuming and didn't apply evenly, I would much prefer a doe foot applicator. They smell sweet and Sugary and taste very similar, but I do not like the Taste.

I found that my lips slightly tingled like a plumping gloss and noticed my lips looked slightly fuller, although it says no where that it has any plumping properties, so im not sure what that is about....im very undecided on this brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment